Livestream is a highly interactive way to connect with your target audiences and helps personalize messages in ways that are unique compared to the competition on another medium. Utilize your social media reach to stream live footage to a massive audience and provide followers with a unique snapshot of your company. Livestreaming is growing exponentially with the market rising from $30 billion in 2016 to $70 in 2021. Marketers are now starting to invest more in live streaming.
Why use live streams?
Livestreaming is great at connecting with audiences in a generalized and cool way. The reasons your company should Livestream are:
- Livestreaming hit 1.1 billion hours in 2019
- Live broadcasts are 1 in 5 for every Facebook video.
- Videocasting increasing brand engagement by 139%
- 80% of audiences would rather watch a video than read a blog
Livestreaming helps you connect a deeper meaning with your brand using your social media reach.
Which platforms can I use?
- Facebook – Facebook live streaming
- Instagram – Instagram live streaming
- YouTube – YouTube live streaming
- Periscope – Periscope live streaming
If streaming to platforms like Facebook and YouTube, you only need a modern-day smartphone for engaging content. When producing something on a larger scale you may need to invest in a high-quality laptop for editing, lighting equipment, camera, and smartphones. Ensure your microphone is of good quality too and can add a layer of professionalism.
When live streaming it is very important to engage the audience. Keep in mind:
- Engage with your audience before going live and ask them what they want to see. This guides the theme and keeps the audience glued in.
- Remember the goals – don’t forget to ask the audience to like, subscribe, and share your streams. Be aware of the value you offer your audience and look to maximize this as this grows your fanbase.
- Have a rough plan – Be prepared so that you’re comfortable. People like videos that aren’t staged and aren’t optimized and edited. The raw look is cool so act flexible and natural.
- Remain responsive and always answers questions from the audience and let them know they’re valuable to the community.
Good luck with your live streams!